The innovation fund will support technological innovation activities of small and medium-sized science and technology enterprises by non-reimbursable financing, discount loans and other methods.
(1) Non-reimbursable financing
1. Mainly used as necessary subsidies for the R&D and intermediate trail stage of new projects, new technologies and new products out of the technology innovation of small and medium-sized science and technology enterprises;
2. The additional investment for project is generally less than RMB 10 million with funding sources basically determined, reasonable investment structure and less than two years of project implementation period;
3. The enterprises shall have their own funds at least equivalent to the innovation funding they have applied for;
4. The non-reimbursable financing is generally not more than RMB 0.6 million and not more than RMB 2 million for major projects.
(2) Discount loans
1. Mainly used to support the projects the products of which have certain technical innovation, need intermediate trail, form small batch production, secure bank loans or intention of loans;
2. The additional investment for project is generally less than RMB 30 million with funding sources basically determined, reasonable investment structure and less than three years of project implementation period;
3. The total amount discounted is generally not more than RMB 0.6 million and not more than RMB 1 million for major projects.
(3) If the projects applying for the national technology innovation fund for small and medium-sized science and technology enterprises (hereinafter referred to as the "Innovation Fund") apply for local funds, the Notes to the Application for Technology Innovation Funds of Small and Medium-sized Science & Technology Enterprises and Guide for Certain Key Projects of Technology Innovation Fund issued by the Ministry of Science for the current year shall apply.
The project applying for innovation funds shall meet the following conditions:
1. The projects comply with national and Beijing's industrial and technological policies and priority will be given to projects in line with Beijing's characteristics;
2. The projects have high technological contents and strong technological innovation;
3. The project products have large market and strong market competitiveness;
4. The projects free from intellectual property disputes.
The enterprises undertaking the project shall meet the following conditions:
1. They are established by law and registered in Beijing, have independent corporate qualifications and have no major violations in the last three years;
2. Mainly engaged in the development, production and services of high-tech products;
3. Their management has good management capability and strong marketing capability;
4. The number of employees does not exceed 500 and the rate of the technical personnel with over junior college education in the total number of employees is not less than 30% and that of technical personnel directly engaging in the research and development in the total number of employees is not less than 10%;
5. Have good operating performance and reasonable debt asset ratio; the funds used for high-tech product R&D per year is not less than 5% of sales;
6. Have a sound financial management organization, strict financial management system and qualified personnel.
The innovation fund will give priority to support projects that meet the following conditions:
1. Projects of enterprises participating in the establishment of international standards, national standards, industry standards and local standards;
2. Projects having independent intellectual property rights, promising market prospect and big market capacity;
3. The projects transforming scientific achievements and transforming traditional industries by using high-tech project and high-tech projects having strong competitiveness in the international market and earning foreign exchange by export;
4. New innovation projects combining production, study and research based on enterprises;
5. Projects of the incubated enterprises within Beijing high-tech industry incubators base;
6. High-tech services projects conducted in the key areas of Beijing, including design originality industry, etc.;
7. Projects that obtain independent intellectual property rights by introduction, digestion, absorption and innovation;
8. Cooperation projects among the enterprises, especially the science and technology projects driving small enterprises by big ones.